Introducing NEW Las Hermanas Pimentón de La Vera DOP. This quintessential smoky spice from La Vera in Extremadura, Spain is one of the building blocks of many of Spain's most classic dishes (think Paella, Patatas Bravas and Galician-Style Octopus).
Pimentón de La Vera DOP can be sweet or spicy, but it is always smoky. The peppers are traditionally dried over indirect-heat oak fires for 10 to 15 days, and finished over a slightly warmer fire for three more days. The dried peppers are then ground to create a food-friendly spice with a rounded smokiness, bright red pepper flavor and a hint of bitterness.
While this versatile spice is essential to Spanish cooking, we love using it beyond paella (hint: it makes the ultimate popcorn topper). From spice blends to sauces, Pimentón de La Vera DOP adds wood-fired flavor with just a sprinkle or spoonful.
1. Whip up a 4-ingredient spice blend with smoked paprika, fennel pollen, salt and pepper. Use to season Grilled Lamb Chops with Mint Chimichurri.
2. Stir a teaspoon of Pimentón de La Vera DOP Picante (Hot) into mayonnaise for a spicy, smoky condiment. Slather on hamburgers, add to tuna salad or try as a dipping sauce for oven-baked sweet potato fries.
3. Add some spice to your movie night—toss hot popcorn with Vieiru Extra Virgin Olive Oil, smoked paprika and fleur de sel.
4. Start your morning with eggs baked in a spicy tomato sauce flavored with smoky paprika and spicy Moroccan harissa (make sure you have lots of toasted bread on hand for dipping).
5. Wow your guests with sweet and savory Braised Chicken Thighs with Almonds and Honey (we've heard from multiple customers that this was the hit of their dinner party!).
6. Make it a tapas night with Smoky Tuna-Stuffed Piquillo Peppers. They come together in under 30 minutes for easy Spanish-style entertaining (just add some Spanish cheeses, meats and olives for a quick yet elegant tapas party).
7. Spice up your turkey game—try KL Keller Foodways' DIY Thanksgiving Turkey Rub (a sweet, smoky blend of Hawaiian red sea salt, smoked paprika, brown sugar and dried herbs). Psst, this rub is an equally delicious seasoning for chicken, steak and pork tenderloin.