Thanksgiving Turkey Rub
Some parts of Thanksgiving dinner are more fun to DIY, like this turkey rub that comes together in minutes and infuses your bird with tons of flavor. Red sea salt from Hawaii makes great looking skin while imparting earthy, meaty flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes approximately 1 cup
- 3 tablespoons Alaea Hawaiian Red Sea Salt
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Las Hermanas Pimentón de La Vera DOP, Picante (Hot)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons rubbed sage
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
Mix all ingredients in a small bowl, making sure to blend well. Rub turkey inside and out with the mix. Cover turkey and refrigerate at least overnight and up to 48 hours. Bring bird to room temperature, rub all over with olive oil and roast.