Spanish Tuna Melt
Tuna melt, meet the flavors of Spain. These open-faced tuna sandwiches get a boost of flavor from sweet piquillo peppers, smoky Pimenton de la Vera and rich Manchego cheese. Serve alongside a simple green salad.
Recipe courtesy of Asha Loupy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
Serve 1 – 2
- 1 - 4-ounce tin Conservas Ortiz Bonito del Norte, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 piquillo pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon Las Hermanas Pimentón de La Vera DOP, plus extra for garnish
- 2 slices rustic bread, such as a levain
- 3 ounces Manchego cheese, grated
Preheat oven to 450°F.
In a medium bowl, combine tuna, mayonnaise, piquillo peppers, red onion, lemon juice and Pimenton de la Vera. Divide tuna salad evenly on slices of bread and top each with grated Manchego cheese.
Place open-faced sandiwches on a baking sheet and bake 10 - 15 minutes until cheese is melted and golden brown on top. Finish with an extra sprinkling of Pimenton de la Vera.