Parmigiano-Reggiano Sport Mix
According to the Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano, snacking on Parmigiano-Reggiano is a great way to get a quick burst of energy along with a good dose of protein, calcium, vitamin A and vitamin B12.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup toasted, salted pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup toasted pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries
- 1/4 cup dates or figs, pitted and coarsely chopped
Toss all ingredients together, divide into 1/4-cup servings and you'll have eight 150-calorie snacks!