Fusilli Pasta Salad with Potatoes, Pepper & Aioli
This is a great pasta salad that combines Community Grains fusilli with the brightflavors of aioli, roasted red peppers, and fresh herbs along with rich German butterball potatoes!
Recipe created exclusively for Community Grains by Chef Jonah Rhodehamel of Oliveto Cafe & Restaurant in Oakland, CA.
- For salad:
- 8 oz Community Grains Amber Durum Fusilli
- 8 oz German butterball potatoes, boiled skin on, cooled, and diced
- 6 oz roasted red peppers, sliced thinly
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh chervil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoons fresh tarragon, chopped
- 3 oz. frisee, washed
- For Aioli:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/8 cup lemon juiced
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
Cook fusilli in salted boiling water until just done, drain, and rinse with cold water.Transfer pasta to large bowl and add potatoes, peppers, herbs, frisée, and toss.
To make the aioli, in medium bowl combine the egg yolk, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, garlic and salt. Using a whisk slowly mix in the grape seed oil in a steady, thin stream to emulsify the mixture. Once the grape seed oil is gone, continue with the olive oil in the same manner.
Add aioli to pasta and mix well. Season the pasta salad with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.