Lentil Salad from the Market Hall Foods Kitchen
We've been making this fresh, vibrant lentil for almost 30 years in our retail shops in Oakland and Berkeley—and now we are sharing the recipe for this customer-favorite with you!
Lentils du Puy AOP's rich earthy flavor and ability to retain their shape and toothsome bite after cooking make them our number one choice for salads like this one. Read more about Lentils du Puy AOP here.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
Serves 2 – 4
- 3/4 cup uncooked Lentils du Puy AOP
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar, such as Volpaia
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- One garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup thin-skinned cucumbers, such as Persian or English, diced
- 1/4 cup kalamata olives, roughly chopped
- 1/4 pound feta cheese, crumbled
- Salt & freshly ground pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the lentils and cook until tender, but not falling apart, about 20–25 minutes. Drain and spread on a baking sheet to cool.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic and chopped herbs. Add the cooled lentils, tomatoes, cucumbers and olives and stir coating everthing in the dressing. Gently fold in the feta. Taste and season with salt and pepper, as necessary.