Instant Magic: 5 Ways to Use Espresso Powder
Make flavor magic with Medaglia d'Oro Instant Espresso Powder
Ever wonder what makes your favorite chocolate dessert taste extra chocolatey? Chances are it's a magical ingredient long-coveted by professional bakers: Medaglia d'Oro Instant Espresso Powder.
This flavor-fantastic powder starts with high-quality Italian espresso beans that are carefully roasted, ground, brewed and then dried. Eccolo! Rich, robust powder with bold concentrated coffee flavor that adds instant depth and complexity to both sweet and savory dishes (espresso steak rub, anyone?).
Become a wizard of flavor—keep reading for our 5 favorite ways to use Medaglia d'Oro.
Presto Chango! 5 Ways to Make Flavor Magic with Instant Espresso Powder
1. Bake a batch of Salted Mocha Sandwich Cookies: These can't-eat-just-one cookies get a double dose of instant espresso powder in both the cookie dough and the coffee buttercream filling. A finishing sprinkle of fleur de sel amps up the chocolate flavor even more.
2. Whip up a smoky espresso spice rub: Make a bold rub with espresso powder, ground cumin, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper.
3. Boost your morning smoothie: Start your day off right with a healthful yet super-satisfying smoothie of almond milk, banana, almond butter, chia or flax seeds, a spoonful of Valhrona cocoa powder and a sprinkle of espresso powder. You can even sneak some greens in!
4. Add to hearty stews and braises: Try adding a half a teaspoon to chili or chili-based sauces like Chile Colorado to round out the heat and add extra depth.
5. Make a grown-up sundae: Top scoops of vanilla ice cream with Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce, a dollop of whipped cream and garnish with a sprinkling of espresso powder.