Maple Dijon Vinaigrette
Warning: Once you make this vinaigrette, you will want to put it on everything. Use this sweet and savory dressing on a simple salad of arugula, pecans and dried cherries, drizzle it over roasted sweet potatoes or brush it on salmon fillets before grilling.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
Makes 3/4 cup
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons sweet sherry vinegar, such as Alvear Pedro Ximenez
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground Tellicherry Black Peppercorns
- 1/2 cup mild extra virgin olive oil, such as Sèka Hills
In a small bowl, combine minced shallot and sherry vinegar and let sit for 10 minutes. Add the dijon mustard, maple syrup, chives, salt and pepper and stir to combine. Slowly whisk in olive oil in a steady stream until dressing is smooth and emulsified.