Basil Watermelon Salad
Watermelon salad is super refreshing in the hot summer months, and Basil Oil from Calivirgin takes it to a whole new level of cool.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
Serves 4 as a salad, 8 as hors d'oeuvres.
- 1/3 cup Calivirgin Basil Oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- One 8-pound seedless watermelon, scooped into balls with a melon baller or cut into 1 1/2-inch chunks (10 cups), chilled
- 1/2 pound feta cheese, crumbled (about 2 cups)
- 1 small sweet onion, diced
- Basil leaves for garnish
In a large bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Add the watermelon, feta and onion and toss gently. Garnish with the basil and serve.
You can also serve this salad as an hors d'oeuvre. Simply cut the watermelon into large, uniform chunks, top each with a basil leaf, a piece of feta and a drizzle of dressing. (Skip the onion.)