Arugula & Watercress Salad with Dried Apricots, Goat Cheese, Almonds & Meyer Lemon Vinaigrette
A long name for a quick and simple salad that shows off a harmony of textures and California-grown flavor. Just whisk, toss and enjoy.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- 1/3 cup lemon juice or Sherry vinegar (lemon juice results in a mellower dressing)
- 1/2 cup, plus extra for drizzling, Katz Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground Black Tellicherry Peppercorns
- 4 cups arugula, washed and dried
- 2 cups watercress, washed and dried
- 2/3 cup chopped Dried Blenheim Apricots
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup crumbled fresh goat cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions or, if available, green garlic shoots
In a medium bowl, whisk together the lemon juice/vinegar, olive oil, mustard, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
In a large bowl or serving platter, toss the greens with all but 1 tablespoon of the dressing. Toss the apricots and almonds with the remaining tablespoon of dressing and scatter on top of the salad.
Crumble the goat cheese over top and serve with a drizzle of Meyer lemon olive oil and a shower of scallions.