Riso Nero with Vegetables
A light and simple dish that can be served warm alongside a piece of grilled fish or at room temperature as a rice salad.
Serves 4 – 6
- 1/2 pound of Lucedio Riso Nero
- chopped garlic, as desired
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 finely-chopped chile, jalapeno or serrano would do nicely
- 2 medium size zucchini, diced
- 2 medium size tomatoes, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, diced
- salt & pepper
Put on a large pot of water and add the rice while the water is cold. Bring to a boil, add a pinch of salt, and boil for 40-45 minutes or until the rice is tender. Drain.
Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the chopped chili and garlic and saute for a few minutes. Add the vegetables and cook until the zucchini and pepper are tender. Add the rice and heat through, allowing the flavors to meld. Season to taste.