Roasted Halibut with Tomatoes, Capers & Herbs
Savor a taste of Italian summer any time of the year with this easy yet elegant dish starring Italian Spaccatelle Tomato Slices from Masseria Mirogallo. Bonus: This simple recipe only requires 8 ingredients and comes together in under a half an hour (Did someone say easy entertaining?).
Recipe by Asha Loupy
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1/4 cup Italian extra virgin olive oil, such as Olio Verde
- One 1–1 1/2-pound piece of halibut, or other firm white fish like cod
- One 19-ounce jar Sliced Spaccatelle Tomatoes from Masseria Mirogallo
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon flaky sea salt, like Fleur de Sel
- 1 teaspoon Organic Sicilian Oregano from Gangi Dante, crushed
- 1–2 tablespoons Marinated Capers in Extra Virgin Olive Oil with Herbs
Preheat oven to 450°F.
Drizzle the extra virgin olive oil evenly over the bottom of a shallow 13x9-inch baking dish. Lay the halibut in the center of the pan. Add the bay leaves and the sliced garlic to the baking dish and arrange the tomatoes around the fish (make sure to add any of the extra tomato juice from the jar too!). Sprinkle the salt and oregano evenly over the fish and tomatoes.
Roast the fish and tomatoes until the fish is just cooked through, about 8–10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fish. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Before serving, spoon the capers with some of their olve oil over the tomatoes.