Spanish Potato & Cod Salad
This tapas-ready salad is inspired by a tuna and potato salad that Kitty Keller—founder of KL Keller Foodways and importer of some of our favorite Spanish products—enjoyed during her travels around Spain. Make it a tapas party—just add some Spanish cheeses, sliced meats, a plate of stuffed piquillo peppers . . . and don't forget a pitcher of sangria (or two)!
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- One pound baby Yukon Gold potatoes
- 1/3 cup Vieiru Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for finishing
- 3 tablespoons Agustí Torelló Mata Dry Cava Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- One 7-ounce jar Cod Fillets in Olive Oil, lightly drained and gently flaked
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about a 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 white onion, diced (about a 1/2 cup)
- Fleur de sel, to taste
Place the potatoes in a large pot and cover with water about 2 inches above the potatoes. Add the salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer until the potatoes are cooked through, about 15–20 minutes. Drain, let cool for 5 minutes and cut the potaotes into quarters. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the extra virgin olive oil, vinegar and lemon juice. Add the diced celery, onions, flaked cod and the reserved quartered potatoes. Gently toss to coat everything in the dressing. Season with fleur de sel, to taste.
Transfer the salad to a serving bowl or platter and finish with an extra drizzle of olive oil. Serve warm or at room temperature.