Mustardy Miso Dressing
This vibrant dressing gets a bold kick from Yandilla Mustard Seed Oil. The hot wasabi-like flavor and heat of the oil is balanced by umami-packed miso paste, sweet rice wine vinegar and a drizzle of honey. Use this versatile dressing to dress a simple green salad, toss with blanched snap peas topped with toasted sesame seeds or use as a dipping sauce for grilled shrimp or fish skewers.
Cook's Note: Yandilla Mustard Seed Oil packs a big punch of horseradish-type heat. If you prefer a milder dressing, you can use half mustard seed oil and half canola oil.
Recipe by Asha Loupy
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoons Yandilla Mustard Seed Oil
- 2 tablespoons yellow miso paste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Bluegrass Soy Sauce from Bourbon Barrel Foods
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, roughly chopped
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to a week.